According to Women’s Health, there are now more than 1,500 online dating websites and apps. With online dating becoming the new normal, it is important for single women everywhere to master a new set of dating skills. Here are some tips to help women looking for love online.
1. Post attractive but honest photos. It’s OK to post picture you look your best in, but make sure they accurately represent what you look like every day and include a full body shot. Always make sure you are the only person in your profile picture and don’t be tacky and use an old wedding photo, no matter how great you looked that day! (Yes, people have actually done this.) Remember that if your pictures look too good to be true, most men will assume that they’re not.
2. Keep it short. Your profile should tell others something about you but need not detail your life story. Just stick to highlighting some of your favorite hobbies and best personality traits.
3. Be available to meet. If a guy want to meet you in person, do so after following recommended safety guidelines. Messaging forever without meeting sends the message that you hesitant or nor really interested. Those on dating sites are looking for a relationship, not a pen pal.
4. Be careful what you reveal about yourself. You want to be honest about who you are in your profile, but don’t provide enough information that a random stranger could appear at your home or workplace. Save the more personal details for a guy you’ve shared several dates with.
5. Get creative. Your profile shouldn’t be completely off the wall. but take a look at some other profiles to quickly learn what descriptions are over used and cliche on the site. Stating the obvious is boring and not helpful. Everyone likes to have a good time, so there is no point in stating that you do, too. Also avoid common descriptors such as “I like to laugh” and “I live life to the fullest.” Instead, give him something interesting that he won’t be able to get out of his mind.
6. Don’t diss online dating. A lot of people feel a bit uncomfortable and uncertain when it comes to online dating, but you’ll have to get over those feelings if you want to give it a try. When your profile says that you;re uneasy about finding someone online, you’re essentially looking down your nose at your fellow online daters. Keep any negative feelings or fears you have to yourself.